Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Opening

Well, I made it to the beautiful state of Utah. It was a really quite trip, Nevada seemed to be about as desolate as it gets. I was able to pull over or even stop in the middle of the highway to look around and appreciate things. At one point I even ended up getting out of my car in an attempt to chase down a badger for a close up shot. It didn't seem too enthused and escaped my stumbling attempt!
Camping last night was really something. I was feeling a little edgy about being somewhere so unfamiliar. The night turned out to be quite spiritual actually. In a way I felt as though it was pre-planned. Getting visited by the wild horses in the moonlight was a real gift...God was around me.
I've arrived in Cedar City and am living with wildland firefighters and a random guy that dropped everything to move out here from Nevada. I start work tomorrow at 1030 am and don't know what to expect. Processing of course ;)!!!
Sending my love to all. You will all be in my thoughts.

Rob
Click on the slideshow to the right to see some pictures.

1 comment:

Maria Gutierrez said...

Dear Rob,
What an amazing Soul Journey you're on! Wild Horses! Wow!! Some say Horse symbolizes true, pure power. Power in balance. I'm glad they visited you. Spirit is really talking to you, thank you for listening. That's what it's all about! Hey, there's an ecopsychology class through PCC in the fall, I'm first on the waiting list - sign up! Maybe we'll both get in!

With love and support,
Maria Owl Gutierrez