Sunday, June 1, 2008

Moving along...

Hey friends and family,
Here is the latest! I have been using my unemployment time wisely (in my book) by keeping busy going camping, hiking and biking. It has been amazing. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time to write as I have to get up at 5am to leave for another training/interview tomorrow. My latest report is that I am going for a field guide position working with adolescents. This job feels like it may be more of a fit for me...the guy I talked to mentioned reflective listening and "soft skills" being important. The softy that I am liked hearing that! So, tomorrow starts a new wave to ride for me. I'll be sure to update once I've ridden it out - my board feel a little more bouyant this time around ;) If I don't get this job, I've been offered a position at the last place, but it is working part-time in their sober house. It would be a bit more like a counselor position that could possibly lead into some outdoor field guide work, but that is dependent on the student numbers.

My latest adventures have take me backpacking in Zion, hiking in Cedar Breaks and out to Moab to check out the Mt. biking and the National Parks (Arches and Canyonlands). The area was breathtaking and I can see why the Mormon's have thought that this is where God resides!
While biking, I had a bit of a mishap that led to a pretty extreme day. Half way through the 11 mile loop I was riding I shockingly found my derauler in my spokes! That is the thing at the back of your bike that allows you to shift gears. So, I ended up ripping it out, taping it to my seat post and then proceeded to turn my bike into a single speed. I was pleasantly suprised at the aptitude I found myself to have when it came to fixing what went wrong! Usually I just take it in for a tune up! It ended up being an amazing ride regardless...and a bitch of a workout! The whole trip was great, I camped next to the Colorado River, backpacked into a giant canyon to be awoken by a crazed coyote at 4am. Utah is a really cool state and it's enormity has been expanding my spirit. I'm trying to upload pics for all to see but am unsure if I'll have time to get them uploaded tonight...the computer is being slow. K, got them uploaded but there are quite a few, so beware! Just click on the pics to get em bigger if you haven't done so already.
More to come when I get back...

In loving spirit,

Rob

No comments: