Saturday, July 12, 2008

And the days fly by...

I can't believe it's already mid-July. I've got a little over a month left out here and I'm already feeling how hard it's going to be to leave. My field days last week were a blast, half the shift I worked a quest. A quest is two staff working with one student on some deeper issues that are holding them back or causing big problems, the second half of the shift I worked graduation. I was greatful to have the opportunity to see the families come together after the weeks of seperation. I felt like I witnessed a lot of heart opening and new understandings. I was feeling really lucky to be a part of the process of change taking place in the lives of those involved. Seeing the final product really helped me to see just how beneficial programs like this can be for troubled youth/adults. I just pray the changes will last!
This off shift has been a blast so far. We all got out of the field and ended up at the "meathouse" on Weds night for some pool/dancing/darts and air hockey! The "meathouse" is where a bunch of field staff live and the reason they call it that is because it used to be an old slaughter house...yikes. Now they just have animal heads hanging from the walls! It has character to say the least. Yesterday was filled with fly fishing on a beautiful mountain stream. I was wishing I had my camera, it was memorable for sure. I just got home from seeing a group of buddhist monks performing in the middle of no where. It amazes me that things like that pop up out here.
Tomorrow a big group of us (7) are heading to Lake Powell to camp out and will be renting a boat on Monday for some wakeboarding/tubing and touring the area. It's supposed to be a beautiful place with giant canyon walls. I'll be sure to take my camera!
The new slideshow is from a disposable camera that I had with me in the field. It gives a glimpse of what the scenery is like on Boulder Mt. Some of the pics are from my training (the pics w/faces) and the rest are randomly taken along the way.

Peace and Love to all,

Rob

No comments: