Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Days

I'm not feeling too talkative at the moment, my apologies. I wanted to write before I headed back out into the field tomorrow. The updates are that my first shift out was a great experience and I'm really glad to be working here. This job seems to fit my personality and interests pretty damn well. My first shift was a long one that exhausted me by the end, I covered a bit extra which put me out there for 11 days. I'm really thankful to have a relaxing and quiet house to come home to.
New updates are that the monsoon season seems to have started. The first big lightning and thunderstorm hit today. My deck is the perfect place to watch the storms roll through. Now that they have started we'll probably be seeing a couple hours of t-storms and rain most afternoons. I hear that it can get pretty interesting in the field, lightning drills can scare the crap out of you if you're close to the top of Boulder Mt.
I'm attaching some pics of the house I've moved into and the fishing spot that I was lucky enough to get taken to a couple of nights ago.
Oh and some great news...I got into the counseling center I had applied to last semester! If you want to see a bit more about it you can go to http://www.integralcounseling.org/.

In loving spirit,

Rob

No comments: